Friday, May 27, 2011

Gifts for my TO BE twin Grandgirls

 Karina and Evelyn!  They are scheduled to arrive on July 11, 2011.  However, I have a feeling they will be coming a bit earlier.  We will see.  The family is so excited!  We haven't had any twins in our family that anyone can remember...these are natural twins.

My daughter, Carolann and I chose "Giddy" line of fabric and it is just sweet!  For Karina, I leaned more towards the turquoise and Evelyn the cherry pink.  Evelyn's was first and boy oh boy all those Y seams drove me about batty!   So i went with the Hearts for Karina.....I designed them both using Malka Dubrawsky's pattern for Evelyns and Black Mountain Quilts pattern for Karina for inspirations. The names were a challenge....I appliqued the by machine...phew...lots of curves!  Using the left over fabric, I made the retro stuff animals, bibs, and pillows. Needless to say, Carolann was thrilled.  I am really pleased on the results :)  I am sure I will be making many more fun things for the girls! 

No comments:

Post a Comment